The mind and the heart are often in opposition. The way of the heart is imaginative and creative whereas that of the mind is more rigid and judgmental.
There is a battle between the heart and the mind. The mind always wants to do whatever it takes to solve problems, chasing worldly pleasures to fill the vacuum in people’s lives – jobs, marriages. The heart knows where to look and what to do to get on with this world, but it is almost impossible for you to follow your heart because the mind will always convince you otherwise.
It’s so simple that people tend to overlook the ability to be still and listen to inner wisdom. When you do that, your heart guides you, revealing to you what is important — what you choose, how you lead your life. The power of that inner voice can lead you down a path where you can nurture a rich inner world. It can lead you to fulfil your dreams and allow you to take risks from time to time.
The heart and the mind are constantly battling it out. This can be particularly prevalent in moments of indecision or when you know what decision you want to make, but your mind is working against you. Thankfully, these quotes below will help you understand the battle between the two better and also work to strengthen your ability to make decisions.
Below are battle between heart and mind quotes for you to find a balance in spite of the battles between the heart and the mind.
Your heart wants what it wants. But the mind knows better. Sometimes the choice your heart makes always ends badly. The other choice is the one your mind makes-the bad one that always leads to good things. Your ability to be able to strike a balance is what will help you in making the right decisions.
1. There’s a battle in almost every one of us: the heart that yearns for excitement, community, and new experiences versus the mind that craves continuity and comfort.
2. The war between heart and mind is a never-ending one. Each fighting till the very end, forcing us to choose what we truly want from our lives.
3. The hardest battle you’ll ever have to fight is between what you know and how you feel. Your mind is always in control of your heart. But sometimes, your heart takes over the mind. Prepare your heart.
4. Choosing between heart and mind is a never-ending battle. Each keeps us in a constant fight. Some of us, however, choose to give up the battle and decide for ourselves what we want in life.
5. The battle of heart vs. mind is one we all face at some point in our lives and the decision we make usually determines what life holds in store for us. The choice is simple: go with your heart, or go with your mind.
6. A battle fought between our soul and our head, a battle between what we know is right and what our heart desires.
7. Sometimes, the mind and the heart are not on the same page. That’s when we have to make a choice—to either follow our head or go with our gut.
8. There is a battle between the mind that says “go” and the heart that says “no”. When your heart and mind conflict, listen to your heart. When your heart and instincts conflict, listen to your mind.
9. There is a battle within every person that is constantly waging. This battle is between two primal forces who are vying for your attention, for your allegiance. These two forces are the heart and the mind. The crux of humans.
10. When the heart and mind conflict, trust the heart. The mind decides heart captures. Always listen to your heart! It’ll lead you in the right direction. Your heart knows what it wants, but your mind needs direction.
11. Our heart knows what our minds sometimes ignore. In life we battle between heart and mind; the heart says to do this, the mind says to do that.
12. There’s a battle going on inside of you, and it’s not just your heart vs your mind. It’s your best self vs everything else.
13. The greatest battles are fought in the heart. The greatest victories are won in the mind. The war between heart and mind is a constant battle.
14. A war between your heart and mind is the one you have to win! You are the CEO of your life. Your heart and mind must be in agreement to achieve peak performance.
15. “The heart wants what it wants, but the mind knows what’s best.” “The body is always on the side of life; the mind and intellect are always on the side of death.”
16. You may be confused about what to do; you may feel like half of you wants one thing and the other half wants something else. But it doesn’t matter which one is the side of life because it’s always better to do the thing that will help you live your fullest life.
17. You may be afraid to be different, but you should never let it hold you back. Just follow your heart, it does not lead you wrong on this one.
18. The mind is what keeps you engaged in life. To overcome your fear, you have to rationally think about what you’re afraid of and challenge yourself to go beyond that—and then from that point on, whatever you’ve done will no longer be as scary to you.
19. It is the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance. It is the dream afraid of waking that never takes the risk.
20. It is a war between your heart and your mind. It is up to you to decide on which side you belong. The mind and the heart are enemies; they can’t aid each other but, often engage in mortal combat.
21. Finding a balance between the mind and the heart can be a delicate process. But if you’re willing to open yourself up, the rewards can be limitless.
22. The battle in life is between the mind and the heart. The war between brains and attitude. When your mind says give up, hope whispers one more try. Don’t give up! Encourage your heart!
23. Your heart is great at knowing what it wants, but your mind knows what’s good for you. The heart always suffers when the mind is under attack.
24. You can’t be afraid to follow your heart. It’s what keeps you alive. When your heart drowns out your mind, you are most inclined to succeed. When your mind drowns out your heart, you are most inclined to regret it.
25. Follow your heart and your mind will follow. But remember to listen to your mind first. Before you follow your heart because it will be too late.
26. The battle between your heart and mind is the most epic battle you will ever witness in this lifetime. Be fierce, be confident, and have faith in your ability. Follow your heart but take your brain with you.
27. Of all the wars between your mind and heart the strongest is when you love someone more than you think. When your heart and brain disagree, your heart wins the fight every time.
28. Our mind is always fighting with our heart, the problem is our mind doesn’t know what it wants, but the heart knows exactly what it needs.
29. Be free with your heart but be wise with your mind. Sometimes your mind knows things that your heart doesn’t want to believe.
30. Don’t be harsh with your heart. Let it speak, without fear. Don’t hold back,k your words, and eventually, your heartfelt messages will be conveyed to your beloved.
31. Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask for it. In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.
32. The mind is everything. What you think you become. The heart is everything. What you feel, you attract.
33. You shape your destiny. You attract what you radiate. You are what you think. Feelings are real. Focus your thought, and you manifest your reality in all ways.
34. What you attract is a direct reflection of what you think and feel. If you want to change your life, start by changing the way you think and feel. It is that easy.
35. In the mind, we develop limitless imagination. In the heart, we experience boundless love. What you surround yourself with, both internally and externally, becomes your reality.
36. The softness of your heart forms the sharpness of your mind. A perfect balance of the two is essential in every conflict or duel.
37. The mind says no, but the heart says go try. The mind says quit, but the heart says to push on.
38. Always go after what you want. If that means leaving the familiar behind and going to the unfamiliar, then don’t be afraid. Only you can decide where your heart will lead you…and where it will end.
39. It’s important to follow your heart, but we’re all better off when we use a few of our minds. Don’t be confused by your heart and mind. In the end, it’s what you do that counts.
40. Mind: listening to your body can be dangerous. Heart: if you get in touch with yourself you will find the love you seek.
41. Don’t let your mind tell you that you can’t do something…Let your heart decide what makes you happy.
42. You don’t always have to go with your heart or listen to your head. Sometimes, you should sit down and think things through. Most of the time though, it sure is nice to be impulsive.
43. Impulsive people find that they constantly run into trouble since they never think things through. Most times, it can be a good thing to pause and think before making a decision, but it certainly has its perks as well.
44. Listen to your heart, but stop and think before you act. Impulsiveness can cause mistakes, but also some of the best memories.
45. Don’t let your mind tell you that you can’t do something. If your heart tells you what makes you happy, then go for it!
46. We often tell ourselves that we can’t do something, but don’t let our mind hold us back! Let your heart decide on your happiness.
47. Whether your heart whispers it or screams it, the answer never changes: you can do whatever you put your mind to. Believing in yourself has never been so easy with our endless selection of motivational posters to display exactly what your heart says!
48. Don’t let your mind distract you from doing what you think is right. Listen to your heart, and go for it. Don’t let indecision hold you back, take a chance and go for it.
49. Don’t let others distract you from what your mind wants you to do. if it’s a choice between your mind or your heart, always listen to your mind. Your heart is a little boy compared to your mind.
50. Follow your heart and follow your instincts. Sometimes you just have to go with it. Following your heart takes courage.
51. We are so blind that we create the very obstacles we profess to be avoiding. To move beyond them, we must first see them.
52. The mind always says no. The heart always says yes. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to follow your heart. Our mind creates the experience of life as we live it. Our heart creates the experience of love as we give it.
53. Our heart creates the experience of love as we give it. To make a difference in another person’s life is the most rewarding and exhilarating way to experience existence.
54. From the cradle to the grave, our heart creates the experiences that shape who we are and how we live. Our heart creates the experience of love as we give it.
55. As we live, so do we love. Our minds produce our thoughts and experiences, but our hearts are the vessels that hold love and compassion. Love is something that should be given freely, without expectation. It is like water from above; it flows effortlessly, spontaneously.
56. Every moment we experience on this planet is created by the mind and the heart. Thoughts create emotions, which create actions.
57. As we live, so do we love. Life is about the experience itself. The universe is in motion and our mind is part of that motion, with it comes the next step in human evolution. It’s a universe full of something else, something beyond what you see.
58. As we live, so do we love. Our hearts are the vessels that hold joy and happiness. Love is something that should be spread across the world like wildfire, without expectation. It is a gift from the skies above; it flows effortlessly, spontaneously.
59. Mind and heart are the main contributors to our experience of life. From the art on your walls to the music you hear, it all comes from the heart.
60. Everything in this world is all about the mind. The way you think, your attention on something and the intention with which you do something can change it completely.
61. As the creator of our universe, God has made it possible for us to experience all that is beautiful, joyful, and meaningful.
62. If your mind is focused on breathing deeply with each exhale, your heart can open to the emotion of love. Your heart then expands with more room for you to feel it.
63. We all have our perceptions about the world around us. How we interpret, what we feel, and how we choose to live to affect how we act.
64. Our mind is the source of all true beauty. Your mind will always believe everything you tell it. Feed it faith. Feed it the truth. Feed it with love
65. Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success. The mind is everything. What you think you become.
66. Our mind can clutter our hearts, but moving our feet toward what we love can bring them together. Your mind will convince you that happiness lies ahead if you follow your dreams.
67. Your mind will always believe everything you tell it. Feed it hope. Feed it the truth. Feed it with love. Your heart & mind need to agree.
68. Sometimes, your heart wants you to do something that your mind doesn’t understand. Sometimes you have to ignore what your mind is telling you and go with your heart.
69. Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change. Listening to your mind means taking the less-travelled path. It may be hard, but it is worth it!
70. Sometimes the heart knows something the mind can’t explain. You see two, two paths in front of you. The path of heart, and the path of mind. Which to take? That is a question you must ask yourself every day.
71. When you follow your heart and your dream, much of the advice that people will give is based on their fears and insecurities. Don’t be afraid to be different.
72. Your mind will always believe everything you tell it. Feed it faith. Feed it the truth. Feed it with love. Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change.
73. The mind is a powerful thing and can make even the most beautiful places feel small and uninspiring. Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm, and genuine people.
74. Who knows what is better for you – your mind or heart. Just let them fight and choose the strongest one.
75. Your mind will never be in peace unless you follow your heart. Your mind might think you are wrong, but your heart knows you are right. 💛
76. Be brave, be bold, and follow your heart. You may not always make the right decision, but it’s better to decide in the end than never to make one at all.
77. Without a doubt, you should follow your heart. Follow your heart and you will be in the right direction.
78. Listen to your heart, it speaks louder than your mind. The heart wants what it wants although the mind knows better.
79. Don’t let your mind bully your heart into believing it must carry the burden of reality. Your mind will always believe everything you tell it. Feed it faith, feed it truth, feed it with love.
80. Follow your heart, but take your brain with you. It’s not a matter of doing what you love. It’s a matter of loving what you do.”
81. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him. We are the brains and the hearts of this nation.
82. A successful man once said, “if a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment.” A quote that reflects our true passion. We strive to be the best that anyone could ever need.
83. If a man can control his mind, he will find the way to success. The path to Enlightenment lies within focus and discipline, rather than through blind faith.
84. A man can find freedom from suffering through the practice of mindfulness and thus fulfil his true potential.
85. As long as you have control over your thoughts, you are in charge of your future. If you know how to practice this skill and apply it to your daily life, then success will follow.
86. Be a risk-taker. Be adventurous and constantly seek out new experiences. Do what makes you happy, even if it means making mistakes. Life is too short not to live it to the fullest!
87. Go ahead and make that choice, go on and try something new. The worst that can happen is you will have tried and lost nothing.
88. Listen to your heart, it speaks louder than your mind. It takes you to places that you cannot reach with your eyes. It takes you beyond words and thoughts – beyond this world.
89. Listen to your heart, it will help you in more ways than you realize, especially when your mind gets in your way. You’ll be more excited and motivated if you listen to your heart than your mind.
90. The heart wants what the heart wants. The mind knows better. When the heart decides what it wants, you might have to listen to your mind.
91. It’s important to follow your heart, but make sure that you don’t get too swept up in emotion. It’s important to follow your heart, but don’t get carried away and jump impulsively.
92. Stick with your instinct and follow your dreams, but make sure that you don’t get distracted. Follow your heart, but make sure you weigh all of the pros and cons if you want to make the most rational decision.
93. The influx of your emotions could lead you down a dangerous path. Try to keep yourself in check by thinking objectively and keeping things contained.
94. It’s important to follow your heart, but sometimes it’s best to think about things a little before making major decisions.
95. It’s important to think about your decisions. It’s not just about your heart; sometimes your brain should be given a little more attention. Your heart is wise, but your head will be a little wiser if you take some time to think about things.
96. It’s important to consider all of your options before changing jobs. It may be difficult to make the right decisions when you’re excited, but it will make things easier in the long run
97. As you follow your heart and make decisions based on your intuition, it’s important to be wise about what you decide. Be honest with yourself, but don’t let your emotions lead you astray.
98. Your heart and mind want to be in control of your decisions. Sometimes you can’t choose which one should be giving you advice, so why not let them fight?
99. Leading you to what matters to you, feelings or mind. Fight what you feel in your heart and mind. Persuade yourself and make the best decision for you.
100. Your mind is what makes it impossible, your heart makes it possible. You only have one chance at life. Don’t let regrets hold you back.
101. There are times when the heart is your best ally, and there are times when we are simply too rational. When it comes to emotions, we need to follow our hearts. The heart is a powerful muscle that can help us overcome our fears and face uncertainty.
102. When you’re overcome by anxiety, choose a strategy that appeals to your emotions. The heart is a muscle that helps us connect with the people who matter most and push through obstacles when it matters most, physically and emotionally.
103. The mind is a powerful tool. It can be used to analyze and reason, but it’s often too rational. Understand that the heart is not only a life-giving organ; it also helped you survive for all these years and continues to sustain you today.
104. When life gives you challenges, use your heart. Always remember: It is never too late to follow your heart.
105. When you let your heart guide you, when you trust in what the heart tells you, when you take risks on a whim, you make your life interesting. You spread your wings and fly gracefully into the future. You nurture a rich inner world.
106. Before you let your mind convince you that you can’t do something, or that it’s impossible, ask your heart if it’s true. You can’t predict the future. So, it’s best to welcome surprises with an open heart.
107. When you’re guided by your heart, life becomes more interesting and exciting. When you listen to your heart, you set the course for living a life rich with love and passion.
108. When you trust your intuitions and act on them, life becomes an exciting adventure—and you emerge from the experience a more confident person. Let your heart guide you!
109. Let go of your fears as you follow your heart. Breathe deeply and stretch your wings as you fly towards the future. Allow your thoughts to weave a beautiful tapestry inside your mind.
The heart and mind are both important. The heart is what pushes us forward, but the mind is what holds us back. We must use the mind to derive new ideas and understand old ones, but we must always follow our hearts with our actions. If we don’t, we miss out on everything in life.
I hope you liked this battle between heart and mind quotes above, if you do, please share with your friends and do leave a comment.
Be the first to comment