The problem with being nice is that people will have a hard time taking you seriously. They expect you to be sweet, soft and gentle. They expect you to keep your emotions in check and only speak when spoken to.
Being nice is seen as a weakness because people think they can take advantage of you, they don’t see it as being kind, but rather as being gullible and naive. They assume that you won’t fight back or defend yourself because they know that’s not how you operate.
I’m not saying that you should be ill-mannered, but I am saying that there are times when it’s okay for you to put your foot down. Below is a collection of done being nice quotes for knowing when it is time to let yourself be heard, getting your power back, reclaiming yourself, and standing up for yourself. It’s an assertion of strength, power, and fierce determination.
I have been nice for too long and I am done with it, clearly, it does not work. I no longer care about what you think of me, or how you react. I do not care if you are upset, displeased, or mad. Because the truth is, I don’t need your approval to live my life.
1. I am done being nice. I am done smiling when I am not happy. I’m done being nice. I don’t have time for your shit anymore.
2. I was nice for too long. Now, I am done being nice. These scars on my wrists are a historical map of my experience as an individual and they’ll never fade away.
3. I’m done being nice, and I’m making a promise: I will not tolerate toxic people in my life. No more enabling or denial, no more being manipulated, no more wasting precious time trying to help others make them happy.
4. I am done being nice. I am going to be honest and tell you that you suck. I am done being polite, I’m finally NOT your doormat.
5. I have done my time. I have been nice. But now it is time for everyone to get out of my way and let me do what I want. Done being nice.
6. I am done being nice. I refuse to be the victim any longer. No more will I sit back and allow others to cheat me and steal from me. I have decided from this day forward not only will I expect respect and honesty – but also give it.
7. I am done being nice. I have been nice to people who don’t deserve it, who have hurt me, who have even tried to hurt me. No longer! I have a backbone and a voice now, and I’m not afraid to use both in defence of myself.
8. I am done feeling intimidated. I am done being nice and making myself a doormat for people to walk on. It’s time that I demand everyone else respect my body, mind, and space as much as they want me to respect theirs.
9. I’m done being nice. The world has gone mad and I am tired. I could go on, but the point is that our behaviour is more important than ever. We need passion and empathy, not passive aggression and anger.
10. I don’t want to be nice anymore. I’m done giving you chances to prove that you can be a decent human being because it’s not working. I don’t care about how your day was or anything about your life other than the fact that we used to be friends and I liked you for some reason. Please leave me alone.
11. This is me standing up for myself, saying no, and putting my foot down. I am done apologizing, feeling guilty, and walking on eggshells. And most importantly, I am not going to allow anyone to push me down or be mean to me ever again.
12. I am done being nice. I am tired of being afraid of my own shadow, I have had enough of this constant worry that something bad is going to happen. It’s time to stand up and take back control of my life.
14. I am done being nice. The world is too scary and cruel to be anything less than true to myself.
15. I am done being nice. I want to be happy, but I don’t think it is possible if I continue to be someone else’s idea of who they think I should be.
16. I have had it with people who have no respect for themselves or each other and their morals just don’t make sense. I am done being nice, I am going to say what needs to be said.
17. I am done being nice. I am done pretending that everything is okay. I am done with people who say one thing and then do another. I am done with lies, excuses, and condescending behaviour.
18. I am out of patience for people who don’t want to be my friend because they think I won’t tell them what they need to hear.
19. I am done being nice. I am done being understanding, I am done giving second chances, I am done trying my best to make things work when all you do is blame everyone else and make excuses when all you do is complain about how you can’t do anything right. My patience has run out and so has my kindness.
20. I have been nice and it didn’t get me anywhere. I have been scared of these people, but not anymore. I won’t be scared anymore because it wastes my time and life.
21. I am done being nice. I am done being agreeable and pleasant. I am done holding back my true feelings, no longer going with the flow and saying yes all the time.
22. I have been silent for too long, and have put up with every single thing this world has thrown my direction. It is time to stand up and say that I am done being nice.
23. I’m done being nice. I’ve been a good girl my whole life, but being nice isn’t going to get me anywhere. If you want something done right? Do it yourself.
24. I’m done letting people walk all over me, I’m done being nice. I will not take it anymore.
25. I am done being nice. I am done being polite. I am done with society’s standards of how we are supposed to act. I am more than capable, more than worthy, and more than deserving of my respect.
26. I want a safe world, where everyone can succeed. A world where I don’t have to be afraid and my children can grow up in a world where fear is not their constant companion. I will no longer be nice.
27. To the people that know I am generally a calm and friendly person, this will come as a shock. But I am done being nice. We can only be so nice before we run out of energy and get tired and overwhelmed.
28. I knew it would come to this. This nice thing is over. I have had it with the way you treat me, and from now on I’m going to do things my way. I have waited long enough for you to act like a normal person, but now I am done being nice about it.
29. I am done being nice. No more catering to the bully, no more letting friends be taken advantage of, no more giving a pass for hurtful words, actions, or behaviours. It’s time to stop making excuses for people and hold them accountable for their actions.
30. I have done all the nice I can do. I have been nice for years and it has got me nowhere. I am done being nice.
31. I am done being nice. I am tired of the niceties and charades because they don’t change anything. Speak up, if you are unhappy with something. If people don’t listen, then walk away from them. Don’t be afraid to turn someone down, even if it might make them mad at you in the short or long term.
32. I am not your friend. You can’t manipulate me or use me. I don’t care who you think you are. You cannot have my respect, simply because you don’t deserve it.
33. I’m done being nice and playing by the rules. I am not afraid to do whatever it takes to get ahead. If you want me to smile and play nice, it is going to cost you extra. I am looking for a challenge so if you are tired of games, lies, and manipulation you’ve come to the right place.
34. You will not take my kindness any longer. And if you aren’t careful, I just might show you a side of me that you have never seen before.
35. I am done being nice. You have been hurting me for years, and up until now, I have taken it all in silence. Not anymore.
36. I am done being nice. I have spent my entire life trying to be what someone else wants me to be, and it’s taken too much of my existence. Not only that, but I have been lonely for a long time. So I am going to stop trying to be liked by others and make friends with myself instead.
37. Before you ask, I am done being nice. I’m tired of pretending to be a friend. It’s too much to be nice just because it’s expected and I am tired of feeling like a fake person after all this time.
38. I’m done being nice. I don’t have time for namby-pamby policies and rules. I’m not the type to tell you everything’s going to be okay, but I’ll get it done by whatever means necessary.
39. I’ve tried, and I’ve given it my best shot. But I’m done being nice to mean people. Don’t be cruel, and don’t be mean. And stop being so sensitive. Only the strong survive. And that means you and me.
40. I am done being quiet. I am done letting other people choose my path. I am done letting them decide what is best for me, what decisions I should make, and how I should be happy. I am going to start taking control of my life instead of letting it control me.
41. I have reached a point in my life, where I have had enough of being nice. I have given so much to everyone around me that I feel that it’s time for me to start receiving for once in my life.
42. I have had it with the people who think they can get away with being inconsiderate, disrespectful, and outright rude.
43. I am done being nice. You have had your time and I have allowed you to let me down time and time again. Now let me assure you that things will be different because I no longer have to care about your feelings. We can finally see things the way they are, where one person is right and the other person is wrong.
44. I am done being nice. Yeah, I’m not here to make friends, or smile at all and pretend like everything is okay when it’s not. I’m here to kick ass!
45. I am done being nice. The kind that says I am going to hold my tongue and not say what I think. Or the type that turns a blind eye to the things that are happening around me. I refuse to be a bystander any longer, whether it means confronting an issue or speaking up for the voiceless. Enough is enough.
46. I am done being nice. I got tired of hearing how much people love my service, but then not getting anything in return.
47. I am done being nice. I mean that in the sense that I have often been accused of being too nice, and sometimes it is true; I would prefer to act with kindness and generosity whenever possible.
48. I am done being nice. I am done with the momentary pause, where I give a person an opportunity to apologize for their hurtful behaviour.
49. I am done being nice to people who look down on others because of their race, religion, or gender identity.
50. I am done being nice. I am done holding the door open and smiling at the cashier. I am not being polite, I am being fake. I do not want to be friends with you or your kid because you are not in my world.
I am done being nice, it gets me nowhere. I have decided to take a different route and be blunt about what I want and will not stand for any more of this, there is enough drama that goes on in life and it is time for a change!
51. I’m done being nice. If you want someone passive, submissive, and who won’t stand up to you in any way, then this isn’t the person for you. FACT: I am a lioness, and I will not be preyed upon.
52. I am done being nice. I am done using big words to try and convince you. I am both smart and attractive.
53. I am done being nice. Some too many people need help, and there is too much to fix. Let’s get it done.
54. I am done being nice. You do not get a second chance to make a first impression.
55. I am done being nice. No more of this artificial kindness and reasonable discourse. The time has come to take action against the forces on both sides that are taking our country back decades, a century even.
56. I’ve been a nice guy. I’ve been the polite guy. I’ve been the accommodating guy. And now I’m done being nice, just like everyone else.
57. I am done being nice. It’s time to be kind, thoughtful, and compassionate with those who need it most. I’m going to stand up for the vulnerable and make them feel safe in their world.
58. I am done being polite. I am done being nice and playing by the rules. I have tried to be nice, but it’s not working anymore.
59. I am done being nice. I want my life back. I want to be free from the voices in my head, the self-shaming, and constant anxiety. I’ve lost friends and relationships along the way; time spent with me is no longer seen as a privilege but a chore.
60. I am done being nice. That’s right, I’ve had enough of the kind-hearted, understanding, gentle person you thought you knew, and I am letting my true self shine through. I’m mean, nasty, and fair.
61. I am done being the quiet girl and the people pleaser. There are times to be nice, but when people are not appreciative of kindness or hospitality, it is time to stop being friendly. From now on, I will just be myself and do exactly what I want regardless of what others may think or say.
62. I am done being nice, I am done being fake. I am done letting you hurt me and making me feel sorry for you.
63. I am done pretending you are a good person. I am done living a lie. You are not a good person, and you never were.
64. I am done being nice. As a woman of colour, it has always been my duty to be grateful, kind, and polite. I have also had an abundance of respect for the men in my life because, despite their flaws and their missteps, I have always tried to see the good in them. I am so deeply grateful for them but those days are over.
65. I am done being nice. If you’re on my list, you get blocked. I gave this a lot of thought because it’s the right thing to do and that’s all there is to it.
66. I have reached my limit. I will no longer be nice. You need to step up, take responsibility for your actions, and learn from them.
67. I have tried to be nice. I have tried to be polite. But it is time to speak my mind and ignore the critics who don’t know what they are talking about.
68. I’ve had it with being nice. I’m done being nice and I’m going to start being clearer, direct, and honest. If you’re not happy with that then you should probably find another way to communicate with me.
69. I am done being nice. I will not be talked down to, belittled, or treated like a servant. I deserve respect and consideration just like everyone else.
70. I am done being nice. I’ve been polite and considerate my entire life, but now I’m tired. I’m tired of being strong and letting people walk all over me.
71. I am done being nice. I have been nice for way too long, and now it is time to see if anyone has the guts to stand up to my new attitude.
72. I am done being nice, I am done being quiet, and I am done with pretending to be polite when everyone knows I’m not.
73. I’m done being nice. I am not going to be pushed around by people who are making bad choices. Sorry if that offends you, but it is my truth.
74. There comes a time when you just need to be real. And I’m done being nice. Come at me with your best shot, and then get out of my way, because I am on a mission.
75. I’ve been polite and friendly for too long. I’m done with being nice and I’m ready for a change. I want to be mean, rude, and scary.
76. I am done being nice. I don’t get why you are so mean and angry all the time. You are very dismissive, controlling, and manipulative, especially with your children. I need more respect in my life.
77. Enough is enough. I’m done being nice. I’m done letting people walk all over me, and I’m done letting them think that it’s okay to treat me badly. It doesn’t matter how small you are compared to me—it never will. If you treat me poorly, then you won’t get away with it any longer.
78. I have had enough of being nice. Instead, I have decided to be cruel, and maybe just a little bit mean. I don’t care if it’s okay with you.
79. It’s time to get real. No more being nice, and faking the funk. I’m done with the small talk, and saying all the right things.
80. I am done being nice. It’s time to educate the world around me and make a change in a place I have never been so passionate about.
81. I am done being nice. This is not about being pushy or aggressive; it is about taking control of your life and being bold enough to follow your heart. It’s time to do what you love, be it working towards your next promotion or taking that thing you’ve always wanted to do but never had the guts to try.
82. I am done being nice and taking care of others. I have had enough of always worrying about others’ feelings, whether or not they are going to get mad at me, and constantly caring about their problems. Unfortunately, it gets exhausting, especially when the people you help never seem to appreciate it.
83. I’m done keeping quiet. I’m done staying silent. I am done being nice. If you want to be kind, that’s fine, but if you want to make a difference then stand up and act like a grown-up.
84. I am done being nice, I believe in myself and know that I can achieve whatever I set my heart on.
85. No more being nice. If someone disrespects you, let them go. You deserve so much better.
86. I am not here to be nice, I’m here to share with you my experience of words that get you closer to your spiritual journey.
87. I am done being nice. People pretend to care about your well-being, and then turn around and tell other people that you’re not a good person. No more. I am done with this drama.
88. No more overanalyzing, no more worrying about the future, no more waiting for things to get better. I am going to stop being nice and march straight into my dreams.
89. I have had it with being nice and letting people walk all over me. My anger management is done, and I am done being nice.
90. I can be too nice, too often. It’s time to stop. I don’t need to be nicer or less nice, or to change at all. What I need is only to be true to myself, no matter how bitter it ends up being.
91. I am done being nice. It’s not that I don’t like people; I do. But I don’t care to be nice to those who are rude, mean, and condescending in their treatment of others. No one should have to placate someone who is not interested in decency or the common courtesy that we all deserve.
92. I’m done being nice. You aren’t. That’s all there is to it and I see no reason to try to make it more complicated than that.
93. I’m done being nice, I want to be able to say things without fearing the backlash. I don’t want to even think about how I’m going to respond for fear of what you’ll think or say.
94. Stop being nice. Start loving yourself, because it’s only when you do, that you will be able to accept and see as beautiful, everything that makes you unique.
95. I am done being nice. I have had enough of being silenced, made fun of, and left out of things. I refuse to feel ashamed of my body anymore. What you say about me won’t stop me anymore. The clothes don’t make the man.
96. I am done being nice. I am done being a good, agreeable person. I no longer want to be someone who can always be counted on to do the right thing, who seems to always make the best first impression and always says what people want to hear.
97. I’m done being nice. I am tired of playing by the rules and not getting anywhere. I want something that’s mine, something that only I can say no to or yes to.
98. I am done being nice to you. I have done everything I could to solve this, but now it’s time for me to say what is on my mind.
99. Be done being nice. Say what you mean, do what you say. Get the point across in a way that turns a conversation into a conversation starter.
100. I am done being nice. These days, people are so cynical that it hurts me to be nice. People will use kindness to beat you down. I’m no longer going to continue being the one with an egg on their face when it comes to good intentions.
I hope you enjoyed and selected your choice from these amazing done being nice quotes. Please, kindly share with your family and friends. Thanks.
Be the first to comment