We stumble through this life with dreams of making the world a better place. We want to make a difference. The road towards fulfilling our dreams can be filled with setbacks or success along the way, and then, the need to change, inspire and motivate ourselves with words of wisdom sets in.
What are words of wisdom? Words of wisdom are bits of knowledge, advice, or statements that can be used to encourage or make us feel better. These types of words or statements differ from one culture to another.
Wisdom quotes are great because they can provide guidance and thought-provoking ideas for someone to ponder upon. Such wise words are often found in books, some people’s own opinions, as well as other sources. These wise statements have come to be a significant factor that shapes the way we conduct ourselves, as well as the way we live our lives.
To make words of wisdom available for everyone, the best wisdom quotes of all times have been collected here. Check them below.
There is no recipe for success. You can try all kinds of things, but if you are not following your heart or living your purpose, then all these efforts will be in vain. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.
1. Wisdom is not the intellectual side to knowledge, it’s understanding of how things really work and getting rid of our illusions.
2. Be open to new ideas and opportunities that come your way. We should never lose focus of our dreams, but be flexible enough to take advantage of great suggestions that may come from others.
3. Life is about the people you meet and the connections you make along the way. Remember that no matter how old you get, you’re never too old to grow up and enjoy life.
4. If you must look back, do so forgivingly. If you must look forward, do so prayerfully. However, the wisest thing you can do is be present in the present gratefully.
5. A wise man once said ‘The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.
6. The wise man does not expose himself unnecessarily to danger, since there are few things for which he has so much equipment as adversity.
7. Wise people speak because they have something to say, fools speak because they have to say something.
8. Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you would have preferred to talk.
9. A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
10. Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
11. It is better to be patient than powerful and success is not the key to happiness, happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
12. To be wise is to know everything changed and to still love it.
13. To be wise is to love, and to love is to be wise.
14. The wise never get lost. They are travellers, not tourists.
15. Wise is the person who knows they know nothing. In other words, a wise person understands their own ignorance, and this recognition alone opens them up to new experiences and perspectives.
16. To be wise, it is necessary to know how little we comprehend.
17. Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it.
18. The wisest mind has something yet to learn
19. And the wisdom that comes from suffering is far greater than the wisdom that comes from studying.
20. Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it. (Woody Allen)
21. To be wise, everyone knows, is to foresee. But to foresee is to love, and wisdom has little to do with reason.
22. The wisest man I have met is the one who knows his limitations and strengths.
23. If you want to be wise, learn how to listen. The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.
24. The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
25. A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
Don’t be afraid to be free. Even if it means being a little of a weirdo from time to time. Be yourself, always. Be true to yourself, speak what’s on your mind and start living the life you want. You can’t approach anything in life with a closed mind. To grow in wisdom, you must keep learning, changing, evolving.
26. Wisdom begins in wonder. Words are born on the lips of wise men, they are always found where truth abounds.
27. The wise man does not lay up his own treasures. The more he gives to others, the more he has for his own.
28. Wise is the person who knows it all but forgives you anyway.
29. Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it.
30. Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you’d have preferred to talk
31. It has been said that wisdom is the quality that keeps our feet on the ground, while our ambitions have wings.
32. Wise words from great men who have walked this earth.
33. A wise person makes a good decision and avoids trouble.
34. Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it.
35. They say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. New beginnings are usually disguised as difficult times.
36. It is wise to keep in mind that no success or failure is necessarily final Wisdom is the light of the spirit.
37. Don’t let the noises of your world drown out the whispers from within.
38. Don’t let people who aren’t investing in their own futures talk you out of yours.
39. He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.
40. Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try
41. The willingness to learn, is a choice. You can choose to be open-minded or close-minded.
42. We’re all on a journey. Life is about gathering information and learning from it.
43. Don’t give up on your dreams, make them happen in our latest collection.
44. Be kind to yourself because life is a marathon, not a sprint. It’s important to take care of your soul, body and spirit. Invest in your health and happiness!
45. You never know what you can do until you try.
46. If you don’t chase after your dreams, anyone can make your dreams come true.
47. There is never a reason not to build your best self. Seek advice, learn from others, and don’t be afraid to change the things you don’t love about yourself.
48. Wisdom is the daughter of experience.
49. To be wise, you need knowledge. To act wisely, you need courage.
50. Live in this moment. Not too much in front of you and not too far behind.
Words of wisdom are not just for the young. They have a place in our hearts as we age. The words of wisdom here are the best of all time and can inspire you to be a better person and make the world a better place.
You can spread the love by going ahead to sharing this post with others. Someone needs to be wise.
Be the first to comment