When being happy becomes something to be afraid of because there seems to be a bad omen or an aura of scare around it, every little joy around you will seem to turn into a mess somehow but rest assured, almost always it is just your fear acting upon the situation making it worse than it really is. It looks like we have a peculiar situation in our hands. A situation where life tries to keep us miserable and away from happiness.
Fear has a way of becoming an over-dominant force in our lives. Fear can prevent you from pursuing dreams that would otherwise blossom into beautiful realities. Fear can also be the reason for unhappiness. The thought of being happy is scary to some people because it seems as if there might be a bad omen or aura of scare around the happiness.
When you are so happy it comes over you in waves that are hard to contain. And then a thought hits you, will this happiness be gone as soon as the next wave is gone? It comes from nowhere, from within, and from without is this charge of happiness going to be dispelled by something evil lurking within, or is it just my own paranoia about being happy.
This fear of being happy is heartbreaking because it prevents you from enjoying life’s wonders. If you can’t see the joy in your life, how are you supposed to be happy? Life does happen for a reason, you just have to find out what that reason is with these I am afraid to be happy quotes and sayings.
Scared to be happy? Me too. Especially when your future depends on it, stop being afraid and start believing that happiness is possible. There are many people in the world facing the same situations but they have gone around it with quotes that inspire them. So, should you too.
1. If you’re not happy now, you will be eventually. So make yourself happy at the moment. For years I thought happiness relied on getting the life I always dreamed of, but what I didn’t realize was that it doesn’t matter where you are or what you do. It matters how you feel about your life every day.
2. Over the years I have learned that it doesn’t matter where we are, but rather how we feel about our lives on a daily basis. It can be easy to forget this, but as long as we realize it, nothing can stop us from being happy.
3. I spent years dreaming of a life I was sure would make me happy. I watched friends and strangers living what seemed to be perfect lives. But they didn’t. Because happiness isn’t found through a good job, a perfect marriage, or the right wardrobe.
4. For years, I dreamed of living in a big city with lots of friends. I thought happiness would come with having a perfect life, but that wasn’t the case.
5. For years, I wanted everything to be perfect. I thought what made me happy was having everything I ever wanted, but that’s not true. Eventually, you’ll realize that it’s all about how you feel.
6. What I didn’t realize then was that happiness doesn’t come from acquiring more money or power. It comes from figuring out the key to internal peace and contentment.
7. Just remember, it’s not about where you live, whom you live with, or if you have a family. It’s about how you feel at this very moment. You don’t need to wait for a better tomorrow, you can find happiness in the here and now.
8. If you feel as if your life is off track, maybe it’s time to change things up a bit. Maybe it’s just time to feel better about yourself.
9. Happiness can be found anywhere, no matter where you are or what you’re doing. It doesn’t matter where you start, it matters how you feel while you’re getting there.
10. A wandering mind is an unhappy mind. I remember saying this sentence to myself every morning as I got ready for work. Life is complicated. We understand your struggle and we want you to know you are not alone.
11. If you want to be happy, double your standards. What if you had someone to tell you what your standards could be, and how to achieve them?
12. He doesn’t want you to settle for anything less than the best. It’s simple. To be more successful, you need higher standards for yourself and others.
13. When your standards are high and you don’t settle for mediocrity, you are bound to be happy. You will also inspire others with your attitude.
14. If you want to be happy, learn to appreciate small things. Take time to smile more. Remember what you’re grateful for. Be more mindful of others. Slow down and do fewer things. And remember that there are many ways to be happy, not just one.
15. There is no great genius without a mixture of madness. We believe that striving for excellence is no easy task – which is why we do it with our passion and verve.
16. Greatness requires a degree of madness. It is common to believe that creativity and madness go hand in hand.
17. Every iconoclast, every revolutionary, and every game-changer in history has had part of their brain wired differently. Their patterns have been different from the rest. They have been more sensitive, more productive, and more resilient to failure. It is their upside that makes them great!
18. It comes as no surprise that many people with a significant amount of creative talent throughout history were considered to be “mad” in their own time.
19. Being a genius can sometimes be difficult, or even scary, because, outside the mainstream, you will face opposition and criticism.
20. Although we take our work very seriously, we also understand that technology is hard. That’s why we offer an excellent customer support team to help our clients if they get stuck.
21. People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing. Don’t be scared of being happy. You deserve happiness. You have fears and scars that impact your ability to be happy.
22. Why am I scared to be happy? Of course, you are scared, darling. We all are. But I want to tell you a secret: You deserve happiness. You deserve to not be scared. And you deserve a second chance.
23. I know how hard it can be to let yourself be happy. I used to struggle with that, too. After all, isn’t this what I wanted? I thought all of these things would make me happy.
24. When so many people have failed at being happy, you might wonder why. Hope is a word I use to describe my attitude towards life. It’s something I can lose or gain, and I am aware of how much it takes me from one extreme to another.
25. In the past we avoided certain actions or emotions because of past experiences, that taught us pain. When we feel rejected and left behind, it’s easy to forget how special each moment can be.
If that sounds familiar, you’re not alone. This, at some point in our life, has all of us. Sometimes you need to face your fears like this: I Am Afraid to be Happy. Once you establish this, then you would quit thinking about negative things. Some of these quotes would tell you how to get better.
26. When you’re afraid to be happy, you run the risk of never allowing yourself to experience true joy. But remember–none of these fears in your head means anything…so don’t let them get in the way of your happiness. Let your heart take over … we promise it will make all the difference.
27. If you are afraid to be happy because of what others have told you, or how you’ve been hurt in the past, then you run the risk of never allowing yourself to experience true joy. Remember–none of these fears in your head means anything…so don’t let them get in the way of your happiness. Let your heart take over and listen to it this time…we promise it will make all the difference.
28. Life makes your heart heavy. You could be worried about your health, your family, finances, or your relationships. It doesn’t take long for those worries to snowball. You’re thinking about the bills, and then you start worrying about whether you’ll lose your job…and before you know it, you’re thinking of every possible disaster that could happen. But it’s important to remember that none of these fears in our head actually mean anything…so stop letting them get in the way of your happiness. Let your heart take over… we promise it will make all the difference. Dreams don’t work unless you do._
29. You fear being happy because you have this sense that it’s not possible to be truly, deeply happy. There is always going to be some sort of complication or something that makes you question how worthy your happiness is. But you need to realize that those fears are just that—fears. They do not represent reality, they do not represent who you are…they are irrational thoughts that are based on anxieties and your past experiences, but if you let them control your life then you will never allow yourself to feel truly happy. So don
30. When you are afraid to allow yourself to enjoy life, you run the risk of never experiencing true happiness. Fear, fear not knowing what the future may hold, but remember one thing: your present is a reflection of your past and it will all be worth it if you take risks!
31. You’re afraid to be happy. And you know what…you’re right to be. It’s terrifying. When you are too scared to feel happy – because you know the happiness will be short-lived – it can prevent you from experiencing true happiness. However, don’t allow the fear in your mind to hold you down and destroy the opportunity of an amazing life.
32. Love can be a very tricky thing to handle. You’ve got your past experiences, heartbreak, and insecurity spurring you along. When you’re really in love with someone, the last thing you want is for the relationship to fail or for their love to fade. That’s where we come in. We’re here to help you conquer your fear and make this love thing a win-win situation!
33. If you’re feeling scared, however, please remember that fear is only a perception. Your fear may be very real, but it is only a feeling that exists solely in your mind. In other words, it’s all “in your head.” It’s not real. If this were the case, then none of us would ever experience happiness or joy; because in our minds, we fear one day those things might disappear. However, they don’t–because they are real!
34. When you allow your mind to define what happiness is, you’ll start setting limitations. You’ll end up worried about whether you deserve something good and if it’s the “right” choice for you.
35. Be happy. Let the words that were spoken to you by those who didn’t understand your dream echo in your mind no more. Look at the things that stopped you from pursuing what you wanted in life and realize this is it. This is your moment. This is your time. Be free and lead the life you deserve.
36. I’m worried that being happy will mean I won’t be successful, or people won’t like me, or I’ll have a heart attack. I understand that you’re worried about being happy.
37. You’re afraid that happiness will sabotage your success, and you don’t know if people really accept the real you. We get it. There are a lot of reasons that happiness feels like a risk.
38. I know it can be hard to start believing that you deserve happiness, and I’m here to help. I’m here to tell you that being happy isn’t selfish. People who are happy make others feel good. Being happy is a good thing.
39. It’s true – being happy can be selfish. I know, it sounds weird. But being happy does make other people feel good. When you are happy and upbeat, other people actually like being around you.
40. You are not a bad person for wanting to be happy. In fact, I’m here to tell you that you deserve it. It’s easy to assume that being happy is selfish. But being happy actually makes people want to be around you. You draw people into your good mood, and you make them feel good, too.
41. It’s often said that happiness is selfish. That you shouldn’t care about things beyond yourself. I disagree. I think it’s nice to make others feel good. If you look after others, they’ll help you in return. If people feel good around you, that makes you happy.
42. Being happy is a great thing. If you want to be in a good mood and spread love, here are some ways to do that. I promise you, if you ask around, you’ll find that pretty much every single person wants to be happy. We want to feel like we’re doing well in life and we want to feel like we’re successful. We want to feel like we’re having a positive impact on others.
43. I understand that you’re stressed, busy and that sometimes it will feel like there’s no time for yourself. But guess what – you need to make time for yourself so that you can recharge and be your best. Not just for your job but also for your family and friends plus all the other things that bring you happiness. Because being happy makes others happy too.”
44. Do you feel like something is missing? Are you tired of feeling alone and lonely? Life can be difficult, but happiness is a great way to push through. This is true for yourself and for those around you.
45. When we are happy and know that others are happy, we become more kind and caring. No matter what life has put you through, if you’re reading this page, you are not alone. You are also going to make it through this difficult time and come out stronger than before.
46. Clearly, you are worried. What you need to remember is that happiness doesn’t mean being lazy – it means feeling good, useful and successful. We recognise your concerns, and in this section, we will share three tips to help you feel happy.
47. We’re all worried about the same things in life, so we want to make sure you know this is normal, and you’re not alone.
48. It’s no wonder that when you experience joy in your life, you could be frightened. You are not used to this emotional state.
49. We all have moments in our lives when we’re unsure whether success is worth the price. The reality is that we all make choices that increase the likelihood of being happy and successful and healthy.
50. I’m sorry you’re going through that. I can only imagine how difficult it is.
You decide that the time is right and now you’re happy. Life can be so difficult, the struggle is daunting. You have a hard time paying attention to what’s positive or beautiful in life because life can be so cruel. You’re afraid of change and letting go. You are afraid of being happy because you think what if things change for the worse? Will I be able to cope with being happy? Use these quotes to relieve the fear.
51. Feelings of anxiety, guilt and shame are so common that only one in ten sufferers seek advice to overcome their fear of happiness. But there is hope-and this book will give you the tools you need to break free from the shackles holding you back from true happiness.
52. Understandably, you’re afraid of being in a situation where everything is too good to be true. You’re afraid of getting hurt again, maybe even worse. Good friends are the family that we choose for ourselves. They enrich our lives with love, laughter and joy.
53. You want happiness, you want the good life. But sometimes happiness scares us because we don’t understand how it works. Fear is normal. Embrace it.
54. It’s difficult to be happy. When you’re there, it doesn’t seem like anything is wrong in the world, and then you have to live through your whole day being actually happy. It’s hard to figure out how to be happy all the time, but you should try.
55. Many people fear the possibility of happiness. They ask, how can anyone be happy when there is so much we need to be concerned about? But, they forget that happiness is a part of the process, not an end result.
56. Even when you’re blissfully happy, life can be stressful. Don’t be sad, it’s not easy to be happy but sometimes the reason you are sad is very trivial. So, don’t deny yourself of true happiness.
57. Don’t be too hard on yourself! It’s not easy to be happy, but sadness doesn’t have to last forever. Life is unpredictable and there will be times when we are sad.
58. Have you ever felt sad? There’s a saying that the only way to happiness is by being sad first. We don’t say it often enough, but we’re so grateful for sadness making us feel what happiness really feels like.
59. Everyone has difficult times in their life. While it’s important to work through these problems, it’s just as important not to forget being happy. Yes, life sucks sometimes. But so what? It’s human nature. What matters is that you don’t give up and continue to be strong.
60. Being happy is a choice we all have to make. We all face struggles in our lives. Everyone handles failure differently. It is up to us to find the happiness we desire and make it a choice we all have to make each day.
61. We all have choices to make, and happiness should be one of them. Unfortunately, most of us think being happy is an accident: something that just happens to us. But this couldn’t be further from the truth.
62. We know how hard it is to get up and be happy every day when you’re faced with the stresses of life. But happiness is your birthright, not a bonus for others to give you. No matter what life throws at you, you have to find a way to be deeply happy.
63. No one chooses to be sad or lonely. You can choose to make a change, however, and start feeling better with the help of your friends at Life.
64. For many, happiness is hard to find, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Everyone gets sad sometimes. And no matter how hard we work to avoid it, there are times when we can simply feel down for no reason.
65. We live in a society where we have become accustomed to struggling. We even convince ourselves that we need to struggle to be happy. However, nothing could be further from the truth.
66. We all have days when it seems like nothing is going right. Many of these days remind us of our current situation, the choices we made in the past, and even our future.
67. Our lives are full of uncertainties. Faced with these tough times, it is easy for a person to lose hope and sink into depression.
68. When you are afraid to be happy, you deny yourself the experience and the very meaning of life. You miss out on a lot. Being sad doesn’t help. Trust me.
69. I’ve learned that when you are afraid to be happy, it’s because you have already found happiness. When you’re afraid to be happy, you miss out on the thing that matters most. Fear robs you of real joy. Don’t let fear ruin your life.
70. You are afraid of being happy because fear is easier to live with than hope. Hope is a positive emotion and it takes away the fear but only if you are ready to hope. If you’re not ready for happiness, then it’s a hopeless situation!
It’s not all sunshine and butterflies, though. You try, but your heart won’t stop racing. Life is too short to live by the rules that society makes for you. You can’t be scared of happiness all the time and live only what other people might say. You need to get out of that box. Fill your mouth with positive quotes and vibes capable of pulling you through.
71. It’s a mistake to deny yourself at the mercy of your emotions. Happiness is an essential element to a successful life. Life is one big journey. It can get lonely, but it’s important not to lose hope and remember that there is someone out there for everyone.
72. Having a positive outlook on life is not only good for you, but it’s also good for those around you. It’s understandable that you might have anxiety about being happy- after all, society these days is a miserable place for women, who are bombarded with unattainable beauty standards and expectations at every turn.
73. You don’t have to be afraid of being happy. It’s possible to feel good even if you’re not in a relationship. We can all admit it – there are times in life when we feel afraid to be happy. The memories of the past keep you from realizing the blessings you have right now.
74. It’s okay. Everyone feels like this sometimes. Nobody’s going to judge you for feeling this way. Even if you don’t feel happy now, it’s normal to want to be.
75. Stereotypes exist for a reason, and you’re worried that you don’t have time to be happy. That misses the point. What we can do is live in the now and find happiness on our own terms.
76. Do you fear regret? Do you have a hard time saying yes to opportunities to go after your dreams? Are you afraid of what other people might think of you? Life is hard. Being happy is not a guarantee, but it doesn’t mean you should be afraid to try either. Sometimes life just gets in the way of our mood. But here is the secret: life doesn’t have to be perfect for you to be happy with it.
77. We’re all in this together. And it’s ok to feel bad sometimes. But you owe it to yourself to not stay stuck in that place. Life sucks. But you’re not alone. We’re here to help, with articles and resources to get you unstuck and find the happiness you deserve.
78. You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness looks like. You know it when you feel it and embrace the unknown. It’s a scary thing to let someone know how you feel, but the payoff is huge.
79. They say that money can’t buy happiness, but what they don’t tell you is that money doesn’t need to buy happiness when there are ways you can create it yourself.
80. I will tell you how I came to realize my battle to be happy was meaningless, but even more importantly, how I discovered the possibility of finding significance. You will not find happiness or significance through competition or comparison – you’ll find it when you 1) become obsessed with showing people the good news of Jesus and 2) learn to embrace the beauty of who you are in Him.
81. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be happy? I know, I know. It sounds crazy. Who would want to be happy all the time? Running from the past and not living in the now—the way you really are—is like a long-distance war. It’s hard, lonely, and as if you’ll never win. You deserve better than that.
82. You think you’re alone. You feel like a total failure. All your friends seem to have it together, but you don’t even know where to begin. No matter what it is that you want, everyone at some point in their life desires to be happy. But true happiness is not something that should be craved. Instead, we should focus on doing valuable work and ensuring that our lives are significant.
83. Did you ever wonder how people define happiness? Maybe you’ve even tried to do it yourself. Everybody defines happiness differently but I looked up the definition of happiness and according to the dictionary it’s “A state of well-being and contentment”
84. If you are feeling like this, you’ve reached a crossroads and you choose fear over happiness. Fear will always take you to the route that prevents you from attaining happiness. Everyone wants to be happy. Sometimes the joy of life passes us by because of a bad attitude or because we choose unhappiness.
85. Life is hard enough without you creating misery and bad energy. We think happiness is a state of mind and we don’t need external things to be happy. Instead of trying to convince yourself that you don’t need love, own it and embrace it.
According to many psychologists, there is one primary reason why you remain unhappy. And that reason is that you are afraid to be happy. This is because you are convinced that happiness will leave. You have to live in the present and fill your head with beautiful memories and quotes of happy moments.
86. We all want happiness so why do we run from it? Happiness doesn’t fly away when you hold on to it. Happiness will never fly away, no matter how much you try to hold on to it. Don’t let negative thoughts overwhelm you. Look at the bright side of everything because happiness is right there beside you.
87. Don’t run. Happiness is right there, waiting for you to see it. It’s not going anywhere. You deserve to be happy. Don’t let life pass you by-be happy now!
88. Your heart can be happy. Happiness often hides in small moments, but we rarely have time left to recognize them. The days are too busy and we are often blind to our happiness.
89. We all want to be happy. You feel happy when you’re around people you love. Friends make you happy. So don’t let anything ruin your happiness!
90. Happiness is the state of being happy that you cannot run away from it. You just have to work hard on it and be courageous to succeed in your happiness goals.
91. Happiness is an art that takes many forms. It is a state of mind, a feeling of joy, a spiritual journey, an adventure–forget about the past and look for the opportunities to change your life. Happiness is not something you have to run away from. You can just go after it. Most importantly, happiness is not centred on one individual but shared among people who are close to each other.
91. I have heard that happiness is something that comes naturally. Well, I guess it’s not easy for me to find happiness that easy. I have tried but failed miserably and in despair, I am now looking for a psychologist to guide me on the path to happiness.
92. Happiness comes with a lot of baggage. Sometimes, it’s beyond your control and when you don’t know how to be happy, it all feels lost.
93. Happiness is what everyone strives for. Life without happiness is a living nightmare. Nobody wants to walk around depressed and sad all the time.
94. Happiness is what everyone strives for. We experience sadness and negative emotions within our lives. Sometimes it’s simply a result of making a bad choice. Sometimes it’s because the world we live in isn’t perfect. Still, no one wants to walk around depressed and sad all the time . . .
95. Happiness is something that makes your heart leap with joy, right? Nothing can make you feel better than to smile and know that joy is around the corner.
96. Happiness is a must in any round of life. Without it, life is just not worth living. Everything ranging from a small smile to a thrillingly fun time becomes important and necessary when one has happiness as a keystone.
97. We all want to be happy, and happiness can be simple. With a little change in your daily routine and help from others, you are sure to step towards the right path.
98. Happiness is a state of mind. It’s gained by being true to your values and focusing on what you enjoy. You can achieve happiness by eliminating the negativity around you, such as gossip, and by surrounding yourself with people that you truly care about.
99. Happiness is a state that we choose to be in. It can come from just about anything. Think possible, don’t really matter what it is, just find happiness in your life and pursue it with an open heart and mind.
been through a lot in your life and happiness appears to be just out of reach.
100. The anxiety you experience is related to your belief that life won’t be any better if you’re happy. This belief comes from your ideas that happiness will be boring and that, once you experience pleasure, it will quickly fade. Happiness is such a weird thing. It’s weird how you don’t always know how to get it, but when you do certain things…it’s as if you already saw yourself being happy.
Change your mindset and do not think that every time you are happy something bad is going to come up. Happiness is what we deserve and it should not be something to be afraid of because we think there is always a bad omen behind it.
If we want to live, then why not let love be with us? Make happiness our friend who will always walk with us at the end of the day. When you share your life with someone and they leave, they take a part of you. And you can’t get that part back or replace it.
You’ll forever be missing a piece of yourself when someone special leaves your life. So make sure when you give your heart, you give it completely because once it’s gone, it’s gone for good. These I am afraid to be happy quotes will walk you through and away from your fears.
Be the first to comment